Did you know that Sydney has some of the best, most varied and easily accessible onshore and offshore fishing in Australia?
From creeks to reefs – Bream to Kingfish – there is plenty to go after.
Have you been to the artificial reef off South Head ?
Ever fished around Sow and Pigs Reef in the harbour ?
Dropped a line out at the FADs or the great sites around Sydney Heads and Long Reef ?
Marks for these spots and dozens more are in our GPS plotters.
We can help you get out and fish with:
- Skippered boats that can deliver you and up to 6 fishing mates to your own day of fishing
- Boat licence courses and training including boat handling and anchoring specifics to get you ready for your private fishing adventures
- Free skills workshops focused on boat handling, boat setup, GPS navigation, anchoring and night operations to make you adventures safer and more relaxed
- Loads of regularly updated free information about fishing sites to help you get the most out of your harbour and surrounding waterways
- Information about the fishing shops around our focus waterways, fishing-courses and other offers
Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter to get told about new content and our free workshops – they have limited places so book in as soon as they are released !
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, to fish in NSW you need a fishing licence if you are over 18 and . There are some exemptions which can be found at https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/recreational-fishing-fee/exemptions
You can get these online at https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/recreational-fishing-fee or by calling 1300 369 365
At the time of writing this FAQ the fees are:
$7 for three days
$14 for one month
$35 for one year
$85 for three years
The Centre Cab has 15 rod holders – 6 across the cabin top, 3 on the back of the bait board and 3 along each of the gunwales at the stern, midships and on the bow.
The Bow Rider has 5 rod holders – 3 on the back of the bait board and one on each of the gunwales towards the stern.
They are all pretty sturdy so you can put downriggers, outriggers or midriggers on them.
The tinnies available for hire at Manly Wharf have just two lightweight rod holders at the stern.
Keen to get out on the water?
Fishing, Watersports, Diving or Sightseeing - we have you covered with great boats and great locations. We will brief you and can provide you with whatever you need to have an amazing day out on the water.
Ready to book your licence course?
We will train you online and on the water, building your confidence and getting you the skills and qualifications you need.
Have a Question?
Feel free to drop us a line.
Here at MyHarbour, we hire boats and provide training to help you explore the waterways and bring you activities, locations, services and experiences that you may find of interest or useful.
0448 146 880